WELCOME TO THE SILVER LAKE ASSOCIATION
Welcome to Summer. Time to think about the Annual Silver Lake Howard Benedict Memorial Boat Parade.
Most Creative (new)
Under the Sea (Lake): This year’s theme.
This year’s participants will automatically receive a $10 gift certificate to a local business. Join the fun and strut your boat.
Preregistration is greatly appreciated: firstname.lastname@example.org
SLA will be sponsoring the New York State Boater Safety Course on June 3, 2023. CLASS IS NOW FULL. Please contact Bob Capurso to be put on the waiting list. email@example.com.
Note: If you were born after January 1, 1983, you will be required to have a Boater Safety Certificate (40 years old or younger) to legally operate any motorized recreational boat! By 2025, all boat operators in New York will be required to complete this course. Failure to comply could result in a fine between $100 and $250.
HELPFUL HINT: When renewing your driver’s license, provide your Boater Safety Certificate to the DMV to add the ANCHOR on your card as proof of course completion.
For more information: 13 things you need to know about NY’s new boater safety law - newyorkupstate.com
Notes of interest from the meeting:
1. Directories/Flares and native plants were distributed to tract directors.
2. Water Quality Report: Steps for 2023 include getting property agreements and completing the grant applications with a goal of Fall 2024 for dredging. THE 2023 SLA Water Quality GOLF TOURNAMENT will be July 22, 2023, at 9:00 am. (Go to Water Quality tab for updated info)
3. Todd Shuskey, from Perry High School and his class installed a Fyke net along the southeastern shore the week of April 26 to study the fish. They will be continuing to study the health of the fish, etc..
4. Docking and Mooring Laws: Change to the current laws to include commercial dock lengths limited to 100 feet. Next step: Don Roberts review and submission to Town and County.
5. Boater Safety Course: June 3rd at Silver Lake Marine. Class is now full at 35 participants. Contact Bob Capurso to be put on the waiting list. If there is enough interest, a second session may be offered. firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Homeowner of Distinction: Want to recognize your neighbor for their environmentally safe practices in the garden/lake property.? Please go to the forms section of our website to get the nomination form.
7. Wast Management: SLA is trying to get the dumpsters back for year-round use - looking to secure a site on both sides of the lake.
8, Taxation Oversight Committee: Bob Capurso met with the Town of Castile on May 11th to request a review of the taxation process and lower lake assessments. Result: Tina Rados, Town Assessor came to our meeting to discuss the process.
Next meeting: June 10th, 9:00 am at the Warrior House Camp
Tina Rados, Assessor
As a result of Bob Capurso's speech to the Town of Castile Board, Tina attended the May meeting to explain the assessment process and offer guidance to our members. Highlilghts:
SLA appreciates Tina taking the time to come and explain the process to us and the improvements that are being made.